FIND A QUICK ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION OR ASK USING THE FORM BELOW
I have received the wrong steel, it’s silver not rusted.
Redcor steel will arrive a slightly silver, light grey colour. In some cases, it can look very silver making it seem like it is Galvanised or ZAM. To help distinguish between the three see the descriptions below.
– Galvanised – Silver, distinct speckled design all over the edging
– ZAM – bright, silver, smooth finish, no speckles, similar finish to stainless Steel
– REDCOR Steel – Slightly silver appearance, light grey in colour, dark oily residue.
Why does the REDCOR Steel not come rusted?
Due to the way we store our lengths (see more information below) we would not be able to pull them apart as they would fuse together.
How Long does the REDCOR take to rust?
Natural rust can take a few weeks to a few months to cover the edging. If you do want to rust it faster we recommend a vinegar and water mix as the most naturally effective solution.
I only received half the amount of lengths I ordered.
FormBoss is stored with the bottom of a piece of edging slipped inside a second piece of edging, forming what looks (when wrapped up) only 1 length. Your connectors will be delivered the same way.
How many screws and connectors are included per item?
Included in the price of a length is 1 connector and enough screws to install, see below for correct screw quantity per item.
– 75mm – 150mm: 2 screws per length, 1 each side of connector to join the length to the connector.
– 185mm – 580mm: 4 screws per length, 2 each side of connector to join the length to the connector. For added strength add rivets about half way up the edging/connector, silver or copper depending on the finish.
– Tapered Stakes: 1 screw per stake.
– Angled stakes: 2 screws per stake.
– Corner Pieces: 1 connector and 2 screws included with the corner pieces.
Do you have corner joins?
We do not supply joins for corners as this created weak spots in the edging, for the lower profiles (75 – 185mm) we suggest bending the edging to create smooth corners that continue the edging around bends maintaining the strength in the edging. For taller profiles (230-580mm) we recommend purchasing corner pieces. For taller planter boxes we recommend getting FormBoss to pre-fabricate them from straight lengths, as there will be less joins, making them more secure.
Which stakes go with which profile?
Profiles Normal/ Sandy Soil Clay Soil
75mm 240mm tapered stakes 240mm tapered stakes
100mm 300mm tapered stakes 240mm tapered stakes
150mm 400mm tapered stakes 300mm tapered stakes
185mm 400mm tapered stakes 300-400mm tapered stakes
Profiles Normal/Sandy Soil Clay Soil
230mm 400mm angled stakes 400mm angled stakes
290mm 600mm angled stakes 600mm angled stakes
390mm 800mm angled stakes 600mm angled stakes
580mm 1200mm angled stakes 800mm angled stakes
Can I form the edging into rings?
Rolling into perfect rings can be difficult, which is why we offer a rolling service at head office. Any rings 3106mm diameter (4 lengths) or over can be done on site. If you are creating sweeping curves you will be able to shape down to roughly a 1000mm radius by hand. Using the Rubber Forming Strip will make this easier as it will help stop the edging kinking while shaping it and allow for it to be shaped down closer to an 800mm radius. It slides up under the rolled top to give the edging that extra little bit of strength to help curve, once the edge is the shape you require just take it out and repeat on the next length.
Do I need special tools to install FormBoss?
No, the tools required most people will have already have, to help install FormBoss though we do have install kits that come with items that make installing our edging even easier.
The install kit consists of:
– 1.2 kilo Rubber Mallet: This sturdy mallet will get your stakes into the ground and can be used to level out the edging.
NOTE: we do not recommend using a sledge hammer on the edging or stakes as you can damage it. If your soil is hard and you are having trouble putting the stakes in the ground we recommend using a post hole digger for the angled stakes or using a small piece of wood or a spare connector on the top of the stake then a heavier mallet/ dead blow or worst case a sledge hammer to get the stakes in as this will stop/reduce the pressure on the top of the stake which could damage it.
– Wide Brimmed Vice Grip: Great for keeping the edging and connector or stake together when drilling.
– Rubber Forming Strip: As mentioned above this will make curving that much earlier and will reduce kinking on tight curves.
– Tech Screw Drill Bit: Use with your drill to drive the screws in with ease. If you are having a little trouble drilling the screws straight into the edging, you can predrill the edging using a 4.0mm drill bit.
NOTE: Greenline’s recommends using cold galvanised spray on all cuts and drill spots on the Galvanised edging as cutting will expose the mild steel under the galvanised coating which will rust if not covered.
What is the lead time for special production, such as rings, boxes etc?
Please allow up to 10 business days for all special production, including rings, boxes and custom shapes. We do stock some of our standard sized rings (777mm, 1165mm, 1554mm Ø), please call us to see if the ring you require is on our shelves.
NOTE: 777mmØ rings will arrive closed unless specified, all rings under 1000mmØ can be delivered closed if requested. All rings above this will arrive in sections as they are too large to ship or carry fully formed.
How long do orders take to arrive?
How long your orders will take depends on the quantity of the order and the delivery location. If you would like a personalised estimation please give us a call or pop the info into the questions box below.